Breckenridge Wedding Planner, Is Married!
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on July 11th, 2014
Everyone says how much fun it is to get married. I guess I just didn’t know how much fun it could be. Never in my wildest dreams did I know it could go so well and I could have this much of a great time! I think Johnna, my business partner, is tired of hearing me say it but it’s true. 🙂 I guess it’s due to always being on the other side of planning. As wedding planners, we are hired to make the day run smooth. In making the day run smoothly, we can encounter obstacles and we have to think on our feet about how to fix them without the bride knowing. On my wedding day, I became the clueless bride. It was fabulous. The reason I could become a clueless bride? We hired a wedding planner!! 🙂
Someone once said to Johnna and I while we were working a wedding that your wedding day shouldn’t be the best day of your life. I agree and disagree with this statement. I think you should have many ‘best days of your life’. One of them definitely being your wedding day. That day was one of the best days of my life, so far. Everywhere we looked, there was someone we knew and loved very much. The feeling was spectacular!
To all of you future couples:
1. Enjoy every moment. Soak up every second. Do not spend any time being stressed. Which brings me to my second recommendation.
2. Hire a wedding planner 😉 … Maybe this should be rule #1
3. Do not sweat the small stuff. Once the day is over, you cannot get it back so do not spend the time stressing about things you cannot control.
4. If you’re having an outdoor ceremony, consider the fact that your veil might be flying in the wind. I didn’t have a veil but I see it all the time so I thought I would mention it. 🙂
5. Do a first look. I will address the reasons why in a future post…stay tuned.
6. Make a ‘shot list’ for your photographer. This communicates exactly what you expect of them which makes it so much better for everyone.
7. Eat and stay hydrated. This seems like a no brainier but trust me, it can slip your mind.
8. When people offer help, take it. Even when there is nothing to be done. If Aunt Jane is asking you what she can do, make up something. Yes Aunt Jane, I would love a latte. This way she is feeling helpful and you get a little caffeine boost. Win win!
9. Make it your own. I had my sister stand up with me and husband had his two brothers. Yes it was lopsided, but it was us.
10. Have the ‘best day of your life’!!! 🙂