Monthly Archives: June 2016
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on June 18th, 2016
Last summer we were lucky to be Laura and Drew’s wedding planners for their wedding at the beautiful Keystone Ranch in Keystone, Colorado. You could not have ordered better weather! The photos by Sarah Roshan really speak for themselves and reflect just how much fun and love was in the air. Thank you Laura and Drew for including us on your very special day!
Posted by johnna-patton on June 9th, 2016
Summer wedding season is upon us! When it comes to your wedding day you have all the details covered and everything planned out to the minute. You’ve double checked everything and yet you never know if there could be one last hiccup in your day. That’s where your emergency bridal kit comes in. Save yourself from any OMG moments that may occur during your wedding day with these must-have necessities.
First Aid Necessities
- Painkillers: For that headache from the extra glass of wine at your rehearsal dinner.
- Antacid: Your stomach might not understand that these are happy nerves.
- Eye Drops: No one wants tired looking red eyes in their wedding photos.
- Tampons: In a room full of girls, it’s always great to have these handy.
- Band aids: Accidents happen, it’s better to be prepared!
- Hair Pins: For those pesky stray hairs.
- Chapstick: Keep your kissing lips feeling great!
- Tissues: For all your happy tears.
- Tweezers: To make sure your brows are sleek.
- Nail File: You picked out the perfect bridal manicure – keep it looking great.
- Cotton Swabs: To dab away any excess makeup.
- Concealer: Keep your skin looking flawless all day long.
- Small Mirror: Because you’ll want to check and double check your lipstick.
Food & Drink
- Water Bottle: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Granola Bar: Fuel for the day ahead.
- Mints: Make sure your first kiss as newlyweds is fresh!
- Mini Bottle of Champagne: Because this is a celebration after all.
Just in Case
- Safety Pins: A last minute hemming tool.
- Small Sewing Kit: Perfect for any rips or tears.
- Clear Nail Polish: For runs in stockings
- Crazy Glue: Because you just never know.
As a Colorado Wedding Planner, I suggest you put together your handy dandy emergency kit (or have your Maid Of Honor do it) a week before the wedding so that you have one less thing to worry about. It will give you extra peace of mind when your wedding day finally comes. Don’t stress if you need to use it – that’s what it’s there for! Keep smiling and know that when you look back on your special day, it’s the little moments and mishaps that make it special and unique. Cherish them.