Monthly Archives: January 2015
Colorado Wedding Planner: Wedding Trends for 2015
Posted by johnna-patton on January 31st, 2015
With 2014 behind us we have started to look ahead at the trends that we think will be big in 2015. We hope these ideas will inspire you as you plan your big day!
From table runners to decorative wreaths, garlands, and more, we’re seeing greenery emerge from the sidelines and into the spotlight. It’s versatile, and provides an Old World look that’s so chic right now.
Daring Wedding Dresses
Skin is in! At New York Bridal Fashion Week this October, jaws were dropping as these sexy gowns sashayed down the runway. While over the past few years (post-Royal Wedding), we’ve seen an abundance of dresses with lots of coverage, things are likely going to take a turn toward the skin-baring in 2015.
Blue Men’s Attire
While the classic black tuxedo will never go out of style (and gray and khaki suits are also wedding staples), blue is the new hot color for men’s attire. Navy is a subtle twist on basic black, while going royal blue is fashion-forward and modern.
Keeping Guests Informed Via Apps
Having a wedding website is a given nowadays, but couples are going one step further by connecting their wedding websites with an app (http://wedsocial.com) to provide their guests with information and photo-sharing capabilities while on the go!
Loose and Romantic Updos
Bridal updos are becoming less structured, for a loose and romantic look. Sideswept updos are the hairstyle of the moment, and we’re looking for that to continue into the new year.
“Thinking out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
This tune is our pick for the top first dance song for 2015.
Silverthorne Wedding Planner: Allie & Kerry
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on January 23rd, 2015
I love weddings that incorporate personal touches. Allie and Kerrys’ wedding had so many of these. When they asked us to be their Colorado wedding planners, we were so excited to find out that the wedding ceremony and reception would take place at the bride’s family home in Silverthorne, Colorado. There was a major threat of ran all day but the sun finally started right before the ceremony began. Perfect! And the views? Breathtaking. Don’t take my word for it, checkout the amazing photos. Thank you Becky Young Photography for these amazing photos!
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on January 19th, 2015
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
Timber Ridge Wedding Planner: Katie and Curtis
Posted by johnna-patton on January 15th, 2015
Katie and Curtis brought a little bit of the Big Easy to Keystone, Colorado. The bride and groom put together a mountain version of a second line parade! The second line is a brass band parade; the “main line” or “first line” is the main section of the parade – generally the bride & groom in front followed by the band – and the “second line” is all of the wedding guests following and dancing behind. Participants often twirl around a feathered parasol or handkerchief, and this is called “second lining.” The parade typically is also the walk from the church to the wedding reception venue. Katie and Curtis improvised and took their second line on a walk around the stunning venue Timber Ridge!
Colorado Wedding Planner: My Resolutions!
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on January 9th, 2015
Better late then never, right? I know it’s nine days after the New Year but I really wanted to write down my resolution/goals so I could look at them throughout the year. What better place then our blog? So here it goes, my resolutions:
1. Stay better in touch with friends. With life moving so quickly, it’s easy to think ‘I’ll talk to them later’. Soon it’s the new year and you have to make that resolution all over again. So call now. Write a letter. Even an email. Make the effort.
2. Drink more water. Most of us are dehydrated. Sometimes dehydration pains are read as hunger. Instead of grabbing something to eat, grab a glass of water. Plus, have you seen the photos of a woman who pledged to drink a gallon of water a day for 21 days? Her skin looks amazing! Sign me up!
3. Read More, Pin Less. I cannot believe I just wrote it. I’m going to use this time to admit something. I’m addicted to Pinterest. There I said it. Instead of curling up with a good book, I have been curling up with my tablet, pinning. I know, sick.
4. More Yoga. Not only is it great for the body but it does wonders for your mind and soul.
5. Stop Worrying. At least do it less. There are just certain things that you cannot change no matter how much you worry about it.
6. Do something really nice for a stranger. This can be something as small as buying someone’s coffee in line. Just recently I was getting my snow tires put on. While I was waiting there a man came in who needed new tires. He was quoted $250 for the cheapest tires. He spent a couple minutes pleading with the manager to give him a lower price so he could get to his work site in the snow. In the end, he left upset and without tires. Looking back, I really wish I would have stepped up and paid for them. Who knows, he could have a family at home that depends on him getting to that work site.
7. Wear sunscreen. I do this one. I just wanted to have 7 resolutions and not 6. 🙂
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The Secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” ~John C. Maxwell