Category Archives: Bridal Beauty Tips
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on June 1st, 2017
With our summer wedding season fast approaching, we thought it
would be great to sit down with the folks at The King Ranch
Saddle Shop to find out exactly what you need for
an amazing Rustic Wedding! Be sure to check out King Ranch’s
collection of beautiful cowboy boots to fulfill your wedding day needs.
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on July 6th, 2016
Wedding season is here! If you are a bride (or anyone with a pulse) and reading this, you should definitely do yourself a favor and book an appointment for some pampering at Refresh Spa. Johnna and I recently had the opportunity to experience what everyone is talking about. Refresh Spa is located in Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge, Colorado. When you arrive, you immediately feel calm. After changing in the locker room you are welcomed into the tranquil lounge where you relax, choose your favorite scent and your await your treatment. We experienced the facial, a massage and a pedicure. The facial and the massage were both out of this world. The therapists listened to exactly what was going on and the treatments focused on those areas of need. After the two treatments, we moved onto the nail salon. This area lends itself more to a social vibe where you can drink champagne, hang out with your bridesmaids, snack on food and oh ya, get your nails done. Johnna and I had a such a great experience. Thank you Refresh Spa, we will be back!
Contact them today to book your appointment!
Grand Timber Lodge
75 Snowflake Drive
Breckenridge, CO 80424
Posted by johnna-patton on June 9th, 2016
Summer wedding season is upon us! When it comes to your wedding day you have all the details covered and everything planned out to the minute. You’ve double checked everything and yet you never know if there could be one last hiccup in your day. That’s where your emergency bridal kit comes in. Save yourself from any OMG moments that may occur during your wedding day with these must-have necessities.
First Aid Necessities
- Painkillers: For that headache from the extra glass of wine at your rehearsal dinner.
- Antacid: Your stomach might not understand that these are happy nerves.
- Eye Drops: No one wants tired looking red eyes in their wedding photos.
- Tampons: In a room full of girls, it’s always great to have these handy.
- Band aids: Accidents happen, it’s better to be prepared!
- Hair Pins: For those pesky stray hairs.
- Chapstick: Keep your kissing lips feeling great!
- Tissues: For all your happy tears.
- Tweezers: To make sure your brows are sleek.
- Nail File: You picked out the perfect bridal manicure – keep it looking great.
- Cotton Swabs: To dab away any excess makeup.
- Concealer: Keep your skin looking flawless all day long.
- Small Mirror: Because you’ll want to check and double check your lipstick.
Food & Drink
- Water Bottle: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Granola Bar: Fuel for the day ahead.
- Mints: Make sure your first kiss as newlyweds is fresh!
- Mini Bottle of Champagne: Because this is a celebration after all.
Just in Case
- Safety Pins: A last minute hemming tool.
- Small Sewing Kit: Perfect for any rips or tears.
- Clear Nail Polish: For runs in stockings
- Crazy Glue: Because you just never know.
As a Colorado Wedding Planner, I suggest you put together your handy dandy emergency kit (or have your Maid Of Honor do it) a week before the wedding so that you have one less thing to worry about. It will give you extra peace of mind when your wedding day finally comes. Don’t stress if you need to use it – that’s what it’s there for! Keep smiling and know that when you look back on your special day, it’s the little moments and mishaps that make it special and unique. Cherish them.
Posted by johnna-patton on July 4th, 2014
Happy 4th of July! We love all things summer and everything bride! Boho pony, classic chignon, or loose curls. A veil, crystals, combs or flowers. Decisions decisions! Pick the perfect wedding hairstyle with these pictures thoughtfully selected by fellow brides and brides-to-be.
Loose romantic curls–perfect for a mountain wedding!
High bun and braid.
Half up loose wave wedding hair.
Colorful spring wedding hair.
Beautiful side pony.