Category Archives: Things we love
Posted by johnna-patton on June 9th, 2016
Summer wedding season is upon us! When it comes to your wedding day you have all the details covered and everything planned out to the minute. You’ve double checked everything and yet you never know if there could be one last hiccup in your day. That’s where your emergency bridal kit comes in. Save yourself from any OMG moments that may occur during your wedding day with these must-have necessities.
First Aid Necessities
- Painkillers: For that headache from the extra glass of wine at your rehearsal dinner.
- Antacid: Your stomach might not understand that these are happy nerves.
- Eye Drops: No one wants tired looking red eyes in their wedding photos.
- Tampons: In a room full of girls, it’s always great to have these handy.
- Band aids: Accidents happen, it’s better to be prepared!
- Hair Pins: For those pesky stray hairs.
- Chapstick: Keep your kissing lips feeling great!
- Tissues: For all your happy tears.
- Tweezers: To make sure your brows are sleek.
- Nail File: You picked out the perfect bridal manicure – keep it looking great.
- Cotton Swabs: To dab away any excess makeup.
- Concealer: Keep your skin looking flawless all day long.
- Small Mirror: Because you’ll want to check and double check your lipstick.
Food & Drink
- Water Bottle: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Granola Bar: Fuel for the day ahead.
- Mints: Make sure your first kiss as newlyweds is fresh!
- Mini Bottle of Champagne: Because this is a celebration after all.
Just in Case
- Safety Pins: A last minute hemming tool.
- Small Sewing Kit: Perfect for any rips or tears.
- Clear Nail Polish: For runs in stockings
- Crazy Glue: Because you just never know.
As a Colorado Wedding Planner, I suggest you put together your handy dandy emergency kit (or have your Maid Of Honor do it) a week before the wedding so that you have one less thing to worry about. It will give you extra peace of mind when your wedding day finally comes. Don’t stress if you need to use it – that’s what it’s there for! Keep smiling and know that when you look back on your special day, it’s the little moments and mishaps that make it special and unique. Cherish them.
Posted by johnna-patton on April 27th, 2016
It’s spring! Time to pack away your sweaters and start the planning for all of your nuptial related festivities! Engagement parties are the first of many parties you will throw or have thrown for you this year. As a Colorado wedding planner, I want to help you jump start your planning process! Here are a few engagement party ideas so you can get to the champagne popping faster!
Engagement Party Themes
Engagement parties are all about celebration and joy. Pick a theme that helps your guests become as excited and full of love as you are!
Vintage Ice Cream Parlor. Go way back when to romance was sharing a milkshake on a Friday night.
Backyard Picnic. Think twinkle lights, campfires, and gooey s’mores.
Colorful Carnival. Let your guests eat cotton candy and share the sweetness of your engagement.
Mexican Fiesta. Nothing says let’s get this party started like margaritas and a piñata.
Beach Bound Lobster Bake. Relax on the beach one more time before the planning craze starts.
Elegant Wine Tasting. Cheese and crackers while sipping away at a local winery is a great night out for both you and your guests.
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on March 7th, 2016
It’s that time of year again to announce my favorite dresses from the Oscars. Last year it was so bridal focused. This year had a lot of color, and my favorite, a surprise jumpsuit. Lady Gaga’s dresses do not usually woo me. This year, it’s my fave! Check it out and enjoy!
Posted by johnna-patton on January 30th, 2016
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on January 11th, 2016
Often times our wedding couples ask us for examples of unique bridesmaids and groomsmen gifts. This is a time to really thank your wedding party for being a part of your special day. Why not give them something that when they use it, they will remember the big day and how much you appreciate them. The guys at Groovy Groomsmen Gifts totally get it. Not only can you give your groomsmen an awesome gift, you can personalize it too, how cool?! Take for example the Whiskey Chilling Stones. I can speak to these amazing stones because I was able to try them for myself. Now, I’m not so much of a whiskey gal but I do love my white wine. The problem with white wine is it doesn’t always keep that nice chill that you look for when drinking it and putting ice cubes in it just waters it down. Boo. Cue these awesome little gems. Pop these babies in the freezer and when you are ready, simply place them in your glass to keep your beverage cold without diluting it. Brilliant! Check out the rest of the groomsmen gift ideas at www.groovygroomsmengifts.com. If you do, please comment on what you purchased and what you thought of it! Cheers!