Category Archives: Things we love
Posted by johnna-patton on December 30th, 2016
With less than two days until 2017 I find myself both thinking ahead and looking back. Every year at this time I dig through all of my photos from the previous year’s weddings and put together a group of my favorite shots. Writing this post reminds me of all those special moments that, as a wedding planner I was privileged to be a part of. Thank you!
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on December 20th, 2016
I think this might be my favorite post ever. Every wedding planner has their favorite aspect of a wedding. Some love the dress, some love the ring, some love the first dance. My favorite moment is when everyone is seated, I have sent the entire wedding party down the aisle, I’ve cued the music change and now I’m waiting with the bride and her father to send them down the aisle. This proud dad is about to give his little girl away and he is just so proud, excited, nervous, anxious (the list goes on) and I’m there to witness the all those last minute hugs, kisses and conversations. I feel so incredibly lucky to be a part of such a special moment.
Posted by elizabeth waldmann on July 6th, 2016
Wedding season is here! If you are a bride (or anyone with a pulse) and reading this, you should definitely do yourself a favor and book an appointment for some pampering at Refresh Spa. Johnna and I recently had the opportunity to experience what everyone is talking about. Refresh Spa is located in Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge, Colorado. When you arrive, you immediately feel calm. After changing in the locker room you are welcomed into the tranquil lounge where you relax, choose your favorite scent and your await your treatment. We experienced the facial, a massage and a pedicure. The facial and the massage were both out of this world. The therapists listened to exactly what was going on and the treatments focused on those areas of need. After the two treatments, we moved onto the nail salon. This area lends itself more to a social vibe where you can drink champagne, hang out with your bridesmaids, snack on food and oh ya, get your nails done. Johnna and I had a such a great experience. Thank you Refresh Spa, we will be back!
Contact them today to book your appointment!
Grand Timber Lodge
75 Snowflake Drive
Breckenridge, CO 80424
Posted by johnna-patton on June 9th, 2016
Summer wedding season is upon us! When it comes to your wedding day you have all the details covered and everything planned out to the minute. You’ve double checked everything and yet you never know if there could be one last hiccup in your day. That’s where your emergency bridal kit comes in. Save yourself from any OMG moments that may occur during your wedding day with these must-have necessities.
First Aid Necessities
- Painkillers: For that headache from the extra glass of wine at your rehearsal dinner.
- Antacid: Your stomach might not understand that these are happy nerves.
- Eye Drops: No one wants tired looking red eyes in their wedding photos.
- Tampons: In a room full of girls, it’s always great to have these handy.
- Band aids: Accidents happen, it’s better to be prepared!
- Hair Pins: For those pesky stray hairs.
- Chapstick: Keep your kissing lips feeling great!
- Tissues: For all your happy tears.
- Tweezers: To make sure your brows are sleek.
- Nail File: You picked out the perfect bridal manicure – keep it looking great.
- Cotton Swabs: To dab away any excess makeup.
- Concealer: Keep your skin looking flawless all day long.
- Small Mirror: Because you’ll want to check and double check your lipstick.
Food & Drink
- Water Bottle: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Granola Bar: Fuel for the day ahead.
- Mints: Make sure your first kiss as newlyweds is fresh!
- Mini Bottle of Champagne: Because this is a celebration after all.
Just in Case
- Safety Pins: A last minute hemming tool.
- Small Sewing Kit: Perfect for any rips or tears.
- Clear Nail Polish: For runs in stockings
- Crazy Glue: Because you just never know.
As a Colorado Wedding Planner, I suggest you put together your handy dandy emergency kit (or have your Maid Of Honor do it) a week before the wedding so that you have one less thing to worry about. It will give you extra peace of mind when your wedding day finally comes. Don’t stress if you need to use it – that’s what it’s there for! Keep smiling and know that when you look back on your special day, it’s the little moments and mishaps that make it special and unique. Cherish them.
Posted by johnna-patton on April 27th, 2016
It’s spring! Time to pack away your sweaters and start the planning for all of your nuptial related festivities! Engagement parties are the first of many parties you will throw or have thrown for you this year. As a Colorado wedding planner, I want to help you jump start your planning process! Here are a few engagement party ideas so you can get to the champagne popping faster!
Engagement Party Themes
Engagement parties are all about celebration and joy. Pick a theme that helps your guests become as excited and full of love as you are!
Vintage Ice Cream Parlor. Go way back when to romance was sharing a milkshake on a Friday night.
Backyard Picnic. Think twinkle lights, campfires, and gooey s’mores.
Colorful Carnival. Let your guests eat cotton candy and share the sweetness of your engagement.
Mexican Fiesta. Nothing says let’s get this party started like margaritas and a piñata.
Beach Bound Lobster Bake. Relax on the beach one more time before the planning craze starts.
Elegant Wine Tasting. Cheese and crackers while sipping away at a local winery is a great night out for both you and your guests.