Posted by johnna-patton on January 3rd, 2018
Your wedding day, it’s one of the most special days of your life. Of course you want to be surrounded by ALL of your loved ones! As a wedding planner in the Colorado Rocky Mountains my favorite trend over the past few years is couples involving their four legged friends in their wedding. Including your furry friend in your big day will absolutely make the day more memorable, but it also requires some thought. Here are a few things to consider:
- Make sure that your venue allows dogs Some venues have strict no pets policies.
- Designate a dog handler for the day Assign one person to be responsible for your fur baby for the time he or she is at the wedding. This frees up the bride and groom and also lets Fido be included in the big day.
- Take a trip to the Groomers Make sure your dog looks and smells delicious for the wedding.
- Don’t forget the Photos Make sure you hire a dog friendly photographer and include your pup in your shot list.
- Practice, practice, practice Spend some time training your dog–whether it is walking down the aisle or wearing a bow tie.
- Have an exit plan If your dog can’t sit through the ceremony or things don’t go as expected.
Thank you Lindsey Boluyt for the fun photo!